61-year-old fisherman David Garcia was found dead inside his hut in Barangay Dardarat in the town Cabugao, Ilocos Sur last Friday.

White discharge was discovered by authorities from the victim’s mouth.

The victim’s friend, Crisanto Galamgam, claims they ate grilled “buteteng isda” (puffer fish) as “pulutan” during a drinking session.

He also said that only Garcia ate the liver of the puffer fish.

The victim complains of an itchiness and twitching in his mouth after the drinking session.

Neighbor’s of the victim believe that poison can be found in the puffer fish’s bile. However, the fish can be eaten as long as it is properly cleaned and the bile is removed.

Facebook Comments

LEAVE A REPLY